We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Healthmark industries company is a family owned company that was founded in 1969. Healthmark employs over 255 people and is a growing company. We strive to provide customers with quality products and support services in a timely and effective manner.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Export Logistics Specialist is responsible for handling all customer service aspects of international/export orders and shipments.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Customer Service Manager
CROSS RELATIONAL DEPARTMENTS: Purchasing, Logistics, Inventory and Export
- Be the support person to our International Sales Manager
- Handle all International Customers and process their orders and provide Customer Support to them
- International Customer
- Prepare customs documents for all outgoing international shipments
- Request freight quotes for international LTL shipments as requested by Shipping or Purchasing.
- Answer questions to provide support when not in the office, i.e., working from home, on vacation or traveling for work
- Maintain a clear understanding of best practices both internally and externally for continuous process improvement in the Logistics Department
- Monitor international shipments, provide shipment visibility and status, and ensure on-time delivery, monitor and manage brokerage with Healthmark Shipping Department
- Serve as an in-house resource for tariff classifications, and other related trade compliance and regulatory matters
- Maintain clear communication with vendors, buyers, customs, customs brokers, along with internal and external customers to enhance productivity, compliance and relations for business accuracy.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 2 years related work experience (Shipping, brokerage, import, and export).
- 4-year degree
- Highly skilled with international import and export processes
- International customs clearance and filling experience
- Knowledge of international transportation marketplace and freight systems
- Admirable organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions/procedures
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft software programs, including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Knowledge of World-wide Geographical Map
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Minimum of 40 hours per week
- Multi-lingual: English, Spanish, French, and German
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Problem Solver
- Computer, Printer, Copier, Fax Machine, Scanner, Adding Machine