We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Healthmark industries company is a family owned company that was founded in 1969. Healthmark employs over 255 people and is a growing company. We strive to provide customers with quality products and support services in a timely and effective manner.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for collections of outstanding accounts from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems, and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Collections Manager
- Reviewing open accounts for collection efforts
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Resolves client-billing problems and rescues account receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements
- Mail correspondence to customer to encourage payment of delinquent accounts
- Fax/E-mail documents to accounts and follow up
- Respond to questions and make calls regarding overdue bills and billing problems
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedure
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accounting Degree preferred or 3 years equivalent experience
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal job instructions and procedures
- Skill and proficiency in the use of personal computer software programs including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of general mathematical procedures and accounting principles
- Strong phone communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Ability to persuade others and build relationships
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to multi-task
- Computer, Copier, Scanner, Fax Machine, Adding Machine with tape, Multi-Line phone