We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Healthmark industries company is a family owned company that was founded in 1969. Healthmark employs over 255 people and is a growing company. We strive to provide customers with quality products and support services in a timely and effective manner.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for management, development, or coordination of training for the organization in alignment with business goals and objectives. Consults with leadership to assess needs and identify training needs and goals for technical and non-technical training topics. This position will also assist in developing external trainers for technical topics, non-technical topics as needed, and evaluating existing and proposed training programs.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to HR Manager
- Strategically identifies training program needs such as training topics, technology, facilities (physical and/or web-based), travel accommodations, meals, instructors, and materials.
- Identifies external resources, including training programs and/or experts that may be appropriate to deliver training to team members and manages scheduling of presenters as training sessions are created; works with presenters to improve overall performance or training delivery.
- Promotes upcoming training opportunities to associates communicating relevant information to associates about training opportunities, costs, registration requirements, etc. and coordinates training efforts with team leaders.
- Provides improvement feedback based on evaluation results and suggested plans of action.
- Researches, writes plans, organizes and conducts (as needed), operational, and soft skills training programs, seminars, events, and conferences to new and existing team members assessing current plans and make recommendations for appropriate changes.
- Maintains the training room, training equipment, training materials and other tools and functions associated with training programs.
- Assists in developing, maintaining, and tracking team member training records through a Learning Management System or other database
- Creates, coordinates and participates in the development and improvement of new employee orientation program. Conducts the new hire orientations, as available
- Forecasts annual training budget and tracks monthly performance to budget.
- Evaluates, obtains quotes and pricing, and makes recommendations to leadership for future learning management systems (LMS) or software for use.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to ensure training documentation is current in employee files and systems for compliance or quality requirements.
- Identifies external blended learning solutions or collaborates with internal Subject Matter Experts to develop content that meets training/development goals.
- Coaches staff and management on questions related to employee relations, training material and content to reinforce training best practices and Human Resources.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer in a field of study in Human Resources, Organizational Development/Training or Business Administration.
- Minimum 5-7 years prior experience in Training and Organizational Development. Prefer prior experience in a manufacturing environment and Company sizes of 200+ employees.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Society Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), or Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) preferred
- Leadership skills including comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling, ability to inspire and build confidence in others and forge alliances and garner support.
- Articulate in speech; communicates in a clear fact-based manner.
- Ensures other associates, supervisors and management are informed of progress and significant project developments.
- Ability to utilize strategic planning skills to create plans and tactics to meet customer expectations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, manage time and leverage technology effectively.
- Ability to complete assignments in the appropriate amount of time and meet deadlines to supervisor’s expectations.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends, summarize and provide recommendations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Experienced in use of training technologies including, Learning Management Systems, Learning Content Management Systems, WebEx, Go-to-Training, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.
- Strong training, facilitation, presentation, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of needs analysis, training plan, curriculum, and aid design and development, including exposure to e-learning
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate responsive programs and initiatives including training plans, curricula, and methodology.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal direction. Solid time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time. Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to speak in public to large groups as well as small groups. At ease moderating both large and small groups. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Computer, Scanner, Phone, Copier, Printer, Badge printer